Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Vampire Lestat



Where do I begin. This one is in my Top Ten. Lestat is in my top 5 favourite book characters of all time. Top 3 maybe. *sigh*
I get chills thinking about this one. This book shows so many sides to Lestat. His vulnerability when he was a new vampire, his ego as an ancient vampire. His awakening back to life in San Fransisco by a thing called Rock and Roll. His passion to be a singer in a rock band. One of my favourite things about Lestat in this book is his friendships and his eagerness to be loved...and to conquer. I make this book sound really cheesy, but its really dark and rich and full of little pieces of my soul. Plus its the only time I imagine Tom Cruise (as Lestat) and I like him. Thats no easy thing to do, but he really did a great job!

No comments: