Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Asylum




This is the first book I read in Virginia. It was recommended to me by someone who I had a ton of respect for. His name was Vyn and he liked Radiohead and Stone Roses and he liked to smoke and looked like Keanu Reeves. I struggled with what I liked to read for a long time as you can see by my wide range of selection so far. So I was willing to try anything. We were talking about Silence of the Lambs when he recommended it to me. I still own it because it was the first book I picked up after a long hiatus..but the book was weird...not my style.
An interesting note on Vyn though..he borrowed a book from me and up and left one day-my book went with him. My James Dean book i brought with me from Los Angeles that my Dad had bought me. It was out of print by the time Vyn borrowed it. to this day i get very nervous about lending people books. When I read books, they take something out of me and I take something out of them. An even exchange. Its weird. They have such sentimental value for me..and this one had one of the most.
He did leave his GIGANITC folder of cds with me though, so I scored there...still. My James Dean book. *sniff*

No comments: