Thursday, January 17, 2008

Perfume: Story of a Murderer




We're into the year 2001 here folks. Most of the books I read are from 2001-2004. In 2005 and 2006 Ive read less than 10. And I forced myself to read a lot more last year...but yeah, we're still early in the game. :)

Perfume was recommended to me years ago..around 1998 by a friend of mine who love love loved it. And I read it and felt gross about reading it once I knew what it was about. The ending of this book, though, was worth it. I was floored. I think its the best ending I have ever come across ever.

2 comments:

Pat R said...

Saw Perfume recently, well done in general, good character building, original cinematography... expresses a lot about human nature as well.

*~Yvonne~* said...

Yes Patrick, I think you're right. It was definetly very interesting. The cinematography was extraordinary! I remember that the movie character was a little more likeable in the movie than in the book. You understood him a little better.