Thursday, January 17, 2008

Ocean Within




So...at this point of my life I was working at B. Dalton. I had been working there for 6 or 7 months when I took over the childrens department. Not something I wanted to do. The assistant manager was leaving and she was in charge of it. No one else came forward. And I remember thinking "If no one wants to do it, that means no one likes it because its hard.." so I offered to do it because I wanted a challenge. And sure enough, I took care of our childrens department for the next 5 years. I read a lot of childrens books. :) I still read kids books, but not nearly as much as I did when I worked at B. Dalton.

This one was really sad. I have a niece who reminded me of the girl in the book. Only the girl is not adopted as the child is in the book. My niece is just really lonely and lives out in NC so I wanted to try and connect with her or something. I have to start over every single time i see her but she warms up to me in the end. The best time we had was making smores without a fire and telling ghost stories. :) Then we started to make up ghost stories. Good times. Also-kids have a bizarre imagination.

No comments: