Friday, January 18, 2008

Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood




I am actually surprised at how much I like this book. I guess it stirred something in me, from my past. I remember reading it one day, I was alone. And there was this chapter that took a hold of my heart. I was sobbing when Joe came home and he thought something was really wrong. Well, just my childhood. This book brought that out.
You see, there is this one chapter where the woman, her name is Sidda, she finds out something about her past. In the book, she gets in a fight with her mom. She then gets *kidnapped* by her moms friends and they sit her down and tell her why her mom is the way she is. And so that chapter that grabbed me is the chapter where Sidda as a little girl writes a letter to her mom asking her why she left. This little girl is pouring out her soul because she thinks her mom left because of something she did. But Sidda, as an adult, finds out that her mom had gone to rehab..so it was a moving chapter. And it made me cry a lot because I always feel responsible for everything negative in my life.

No comments: