Monday, July 14, 2008

The Book Thief



It took me a while to really get into this book. It took me a really long time to get used to the Narrator-Death, and his way of explaining things.
In the end, I warmed up to him and I love love love the way he gave you a glimpse of what was going to happen without giving you any details until he got to that part of the story. And for me, knowing the outcome and finding out how it happens is actually pretty exciting!
I liked this book a lot and I liked all the characters. I even liked Liesels foster mother!!! I was actually quite fond of her and her determination.
But, yes, mostly I loved Rich and Max. Max for his compassion and Rich for his personality. Both of them were really great characters. I am extraordinarily glad I read this book it gave me a few new insights to life. :)

No comments: