Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Kite Runner




Oh, Kite Runner. This book is SO incredibly written. The storytelling takes my breath away!
This was also one of the best book club meetings we ever had. I say book club but we were all so close and we all loved to read...so it was just a meeting of friends. We had the best afghanistan food and i was the only one brave enough to drink the rose water. It was delicious.
The book conversation was also incredibly interesting. Sandra and I had very strong cultures and we were raised with that culture as a back bone. And we were the only ones who agreed that the main character in this book was hard to forgive. We didn't sympathize with him. It was really interesting!
The book, though, was really hard for me to read. I mean...it was SO SO SO SAD. It was SO good but so OVERWHELMINGLY sad. I could never recommend this one off the bat because of the feelings it evokes..so powerful. If someone asks about it though, I do always say that the storytelling is brilliant.

No comments: