Sunday, January 27, 2008

I Never Had it Made



*swoon* Baseball, african american history, AND 1947??????????? This book was written for me. Thanks Jackie Robinson, for thinking of me when you wrote it.
In all seriousness, this is a really great book. Did you know that Jackie Robinson played football, basketball and was on track on top of baseball. Track was his most favourite! :) He excelled at everything he did. *unlike Michael Jordan, but I still love ya!*
I LOVE JACKIE ROBINSON. I love that he wasn't graceful about his being the first black man to play in the major leagues. He was angry and you bet it pissed him off everytime someone said something negative about him or to him, but he was strong enough of person to fight it and he fought it with everything he had. He takes endurance to a whole other level. Jackie Robinson, I adore you.
And I also really love the Dodgers, Brooklyn & Los Angeles. I bleed Dodger Blue. True Brue, you know it.

No comments: