Monday, January 14, 2008

Go Ask Alice




One of the first books I remember reading. I was at a neighbors house. My nieghbors and I were like family. I used to hang there a lot. Their children were always older than me but I liked their house. It was a lot more peaceful than mine. I was a part of their family. Still am, in a lot of ways.
Mary, the mother of the older children, was going through some old things. And i had come over to watch her...and learn about life, as I always did. She found a box of old books that belonged to her husbands sister when she was my age and she gave them to me. Thus began my love of books. Go Ask Alice was the first one I've read from that pile. 2 others follow. The owner of the books, her name is Claudette. She lives in Maryland and she does not know that i started my life that day.

No comments: